General Category > General Discussion

Welcome!

(1/4) > >>

tburke:
Thank you for following us over to the new web site and forum format.  For a short time we will keep the old forum visible for archive reasons. But going forwards we will be using this new forum technology.   Thank you for your patience as we try to improve the Mauser collector community.

As you initially sign up within the new system, you will have a status of "newbie" until you have participated in many posts on the forum. Over time your status is automatically upgraded.  A few long time contributors will have a more advanced status so you know they have been here for quite some time.  I appreciate your patience with that initial status as we reboot the forum in this new platform.

1914mauser:
The new fourm looks great. I have something for you when you have time send me an e-mail. Regards,

Burgess

vlim:
Looks nice, and lets hope that the Mauser collecting community will find and enjoy the forum!
The verification codes on every post are a bit of a downside to me. I think that extra verification for members who are logged in should not be needed.

tburke:

--- Quote from: vlim on April 21, 2013, 08:33:01 AM ---Looks nice, and lets hope that the Mauser collecting community will find and enjoy the forum!
The verification codes on every post are a bit of a downside to me. I think that extra verification for members who are logged in should not be needed.

--- End quote ---

Vlim, thank you for the feedback.  The Captcha verification should only happen until you have a post count of 3 or more, at which point it should go away.  I'm not sure yet about the second level which is the human questions about TGIF etc.   We'll see as we move forewards.  Spam and their robots are a real problem on any board and we are trying to head that off from the start. 

jcorl:
I enjoy it!!!   I think someone has put allot of thought and work in setting it up and I congratulate them on their fine efforts!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version