Author Topic: Just when you think they ran out of Mauser pistols...  (Read 27305 times)

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Just when you think they ran out of Mauser pistols...
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 10:03:57 AM »
What about that large back hump in the grip?  I have a size 8 hand, which is rather on the smaller size.  Does that gun handle better with a larger hand size?  It looks like it might.  There is no place around here to get a grip on one, "so to speak".  Would you advise handling one first?  Gotta ask this last question. Did you get the .40 or .45. caliber.   My military experience tells me to go for the .45 ACP.  The law enforcement side of me tells me that most cities go for the .40 S&W.  I would enjoy knowing what you decided to spend your money on.  Plus I would enjoy having the chance of outshooting my son, just once, with his Springfield 9MM. 

Jim     
Jim

vlim

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2014, 03:19:34 PM »
I haven't come across a .40 version yet, currently I own 3 variations of the .45 ACP version:

Early version (printed logos)
Late version (etched logos)
Italian Export version (with Italian catagory number on slide).

I have fairly small hands, but have no difficulty getting a good grip.

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2014, 06:33:07 PM »
Thank you for that information.  I was not aware of the three variations.  That makes my hunt more interesting than ever.  Is one variation more collectable than another? 

Regards,
Jim
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 11:22:41 AM by jcorl »
Jim

vlim

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2014, 02:11:32 PM »
I think there is also a ''variation 4", the 'Friends of the NRA' version ;')

Since these pistols are relatively new to collectors, I doubt that there is any certainty on pricing.
The Italian contract is rare because the limited number made and shipped to Italy, I would expect.
Not enough serial # data available to determine how many of each variation were made, the numbers suggest that not much more than about 6000 pistols were produced. I tried contacting Sig-Sauer in Eckenförde, but no information there...

Somehow it is interesting that we can find out less about pistols that are 10 years old than on pistols that are 100 years old :)

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2014, 02:30:00 PM »
Well then, you have settled it.  One of each seems to be appropriate.  I thank you for the good information. Just located one of the .45 variations for $379.  Thinking of pulling the trigger on it.  Sounds like a far price.  Fooy,  Gun was sold.  Guess that teaches me to linger not 

Jim 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 12:17:34 PM by jcorl »
Jim

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2015, 11:49:39 AM »
Now just found one for $329.  I just need to push the button.  I have not seen one that low in price.   ;D

Jim
Jim