Author Topic: Rig: Early HSc KM!  (Read 12578 times)

gebirg

• Trusted Contributor
  • If not a Mauser, then what?
    • View Profile
Rig: Early HSc KM!
« on: April 12, 2014, 07:40:11 AM »
Second variation with navy property mark only.Serial 707 901 - nr. 7900 in the line since production began late in 1940 with serial 700 001.
This early variation has only the Eagle/Swastika/M on front grip.
Notice high polish finish, and the lanyard loop, sight ramp finish is etched matte (pattern).
The Mauser holster is original, notice the navy ink stamp...

Dont know about the name on right grip plate, but it says Dr. Küll, or Dr. Köhl or maybee Dr. Köll...?
I believe Dr. Köhl, but what do you think?

« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 11:45:50 AM by gebirg »
Pay attention!

gebirg

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Rig: Early HSc KM HPF!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 07:41:22 AM »
Some more pics...
Pay attention!

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 09:27:06 AM »
Very nice, Asle.  Congratulations!  By the way, what does "HPF" mean?

gebirg

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 11:22:45 AM »
I am sorry, it just came to me - High Polish Finish...or is the correct therm High Polish Blue?

Asle
Pay attention!

rob67gt

• View Profile
Re: Rig: Early HSc KM!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 04:12:44 PM »
Asle,

Did the holster and pistol come together?  The condition is superb!  Unfortunately, I do have questions on the holster proof.  At a minimum this is not the norm (have two and have seen quite a few).  This proof is consistent with arms but not leather goods.  In addition, though I have not pulled out my KMs but did check some reference books on my desk.  It appears the E/M is in an odd position, quite high on the front strap.  Again, this would be definite exception to the norm.  At first, glance the E/M seems a bit "funny" to me.  Difficult to gauge from photos sometimes.  Perhaps Warbird can place this serial in a group of KMs.....or not.  Don't want to rain on anyone's parade.  Love KMs and hope this is the real deal - just have concerns.

gebirg

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 02:53:31 AM »
Thats ok, Rob!
Here is to different variations. The property mark on the 1943 is lower on the front grip, on the 1941 the property mark is placed just below trigger guard, both is correct.
This 1941 HSc was made in 10.812 examples that year, so it is not that rare, even if a good deal of them is at the bottom of the sea...?
We dont need to fake Kriegsmarine guns in Norway, there is "plenty" of them in all variations.
This can be fake, but i dont think so.If i personally should fake some guns in Norway, it must be Walther PP and PPK, HSc, 38h - i would put serial on magazines, and eagle C/L and F behind triggers - those are wery hard to find in Norway.

http://www.mauserguns.com/forum/index.php/topic,158.0.html

Regarding the holster; It did not came with this Hsc, but it came with a KM 1934. I am aware of the ink stamp, an i discussed it with Warbird. The holster and gun was delivered for sale to a gundealer in the town of Kristiansand - from this old man who kept it since the war ended in 1945. So, i know that there is a few holster with this ink stamp, i got two of them, and the other holster was also delivered to a gundealer in Arendal, also with a Mauser mod. 1934 KM. This rig also came from a widow, her husband had kept it since the war. This Mauser was deactiveted because it was not registered.
The stamp is what it is, i dont know...but some other members at Still forum also got holster with this stamp, they live in the USA...

So, please understand me correctly, i dont want to have anything to do with fake markings on holsters, pistols and magazines. But until sombody gives me some proof, or show me this fake inkstamp, my mind is open regarding this stamp. My stories are correct, i know those dealers wery good, especially the one in Arendal.

So my question is - could this inspection stamp been used also on holster at some time during the war?

respectfully
Asle
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 04:03:48 AM by gebirg »
Pay attention!

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 12:34:42 PM »
I don't see a naval issue Kriegsmarine mark that high in Pender's book examples, but that does not mean there cannot be an exception to those photos.

I like the gun.  Congratulations on the buy. 

Jim 
Jim

gebirg

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 02:31:42 PM »
Jim,
Thanks, i think Warbird said to me before i bought it that the placement is ok...?
http://www.mauserguns.com/forum/index.php/topic,257.0.html

Asle
Pay attention!

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 04:12:08 PM »
Then I would not worry a minute about the placement.  I like the gun and am happy for you.  Maybe someday, I can find one that nice. I found another high stamped example for you to look at. 

Jim
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 11:41:13 AM by jcorl »
Jim

gebirg

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 12:32:07 PM »
Great Jim, thank you!
If it was possible you could have this one - it would have been my pleasure:)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 12:42:15 PM by gebirg »
Pay attention!

rob67gt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2014, 10:40:51 PM »
Asle,

I finally made it back to the forum after my last comment.  Even forgot my password.  Wish I could spend more time here but am thankful for the time I can spend.  Anyway......

I did dig out a KM and checked other references.  It appears that the earlier KMs were marked higher on the front grip strap than the later examples.  I have to admit that I have stared at these for years and never really made that distinction.  So a worthwhile investigation!  Thanks for prompting it!!

As for the holster I can only say I have never seen one marked like that in the States through the years nor any of the multiple references I have.  Perhaps they were marked as such in Norway for some reason.  Multiple examples would support that theory.  The E/M111 marking is meant for arms based on information out there.  Perhaps one will show up at some point in the US.

One of my favorite features of the HSc is the consistency in markings and proofs throughout the models and various service branches.  I do view "exceptions" with increased suspicion.  That approach has served me well in building my collection.

Enjoy.

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2014, 12:13:10 PM »
You got my interest up when you said "consistency of marking".  I just happened to locate a Police "L", with no "L",  It shows a nice, crisp eagle but that is it.  I realize this is not the proper location to write about markings, but just wanted to reply to let you know there are some broken die stampings out there.

Jim
Jim