Rifles > KAR 98K Rifle

Gustloff bcd 42 RC Mauser K98k

(1/2) > >>

2k05gt:

Thought I would start my first post with pictures of my Mauser, Even though it's a Russian Capture
I have grown fond of it. Not much to say really, numbers don't match, the stock is real nice
and it shoots great.  I am not sure what the zig zag mark is just above the 42 on the receiver.

Since this is my First Mauser can anyone give me tips on care and maintenance
maybe some history or any other info I may need, Thanks 

Sarge:
Well, a photo of the mark you are asking about would "probably" help to get an answer to your question! 
You don't show a photo of the complete rifle so have you also added a clg rod u. sight hood?
You have duplicated some of you photos which is a waste of time. 
Cleaning/maint of your rifle is just like any other rifle - Nothing special is required. 
Sarge

2k05gt:

--- Quote from: Sarge on May 31, 2014, 05:16:46 PM ---Well, a photo of the mark you are asking about would "probably" help to get an answer to your question! 
You don't show a photo of the complete rifle so have you also added a clg rod u. sight hood?
You have duplicated some of you photos which is a waste of time. 
Cleaning/maint of your rifle is just like any other rifle - Nothing special is required. 
Sarge

--- End quote ---

Sorry I should have specified what picture it was in..

I believe its called a rune.
Between the bcd and 42

Sarge:
I have seen that before, usualy on the bottom of a receiver or on a bbl.  Not sure what it is, but pretty sure that it is Not an SS rune.  Among other reason is that bcd had nothing to do with the rifle production associated with the SS procurement of rifles. 
On the rune marked rifles, almost all bnz, the rune is about double the size of that one.
Sarge

2k05gt:
Hmm, Maybe something done during the Russian Capture. or a half of a stamp. interesting   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version