Author Topic: persian mausers id and history  (Read 5905 times)

alexpocs

persian mausers id and history
« on: June 15, 2014, 10:33:50 PM »
At my local gunclub I won a 90% Persian mauser 98/29.  I downloaded to my kindle mausers of the world book 6.  I found little to nothing about BRNO ??? made Persian mausers.  This rifle had the rifling in 100% condition and the stainless steel cleaning rod was scratched from the first cleaning. It is marked around the muzzle where the bayonet(I have)has been put on and taken off many times.
I did discover eched markings on the bottom of the barrel by the bayonet lug SAMCO M98/29 CZECH
7.92MM  left side of receiver has 9936 in Arabic.  I shot 5 rounds of 8 m/m loaded with 150 gr sierra game kings.  bench with one bag at 100 yds...3 inches without careful aim.  Took rifle home, recleaned barrel and sharp edges of rifling had been smoothed out.  Now I want to know more about the rifle.  Please advise. The Persian crest on the front ring is the large rampant lion with the sword in hand.  I suspect it was made from the 1910 contract and suspect it was made before 1935.  What else can you help me find out.