Author Topic: Loading/battery issue  (Read 232 times)

68coupe

• View Profile
Loading/battery issue
« on: September 14, 2024, 09:08:32 PM »
I got my firearm back from the relining company and am very pleased with the results of that. My issue is that I can load and fire a single round, but when I load it with a strip clip, it will not go fully into battery. It lacks that last bit to activate the sear/trigger connection. I'm thinking that pressure from the underlying rounds are putting too much pressure on the bolt. Has anyone experienced anything like this? It ran just fine before the relining of the barrel. However, I could throw rocks more accurately than it was.

Thanks in advance, Karl, 68coupe

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Loading/battery issue
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2024, 02:06:58 PM »
Have you replaced any of the springs? And if you did have they been properly fitted? Diagnosing any issues via a forum is very difficult. Do you have access to a qualified gunsmith? Regards,
B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

68coupe

• View Profile
Re: Loading/battery issue
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2024, 04:59:42 PM »
Mr. Mason, Thanks for the reply. The folks that did the barrel reline are one of the most renowned gunsmith firms in the US. The gun ran just fine before I sent it to them. It was just all over the place on paper. When I got it back, it would fire with one in the chamber, but not with the mag full. After finding that out, I replaced the recoil and main springs. The main spring seems mighty tight when installing the plunger rocker, even though I am quite weak due to an extended hospitalization. I've only taken it down completely once. Just the one time when I first received it. It doesn't seem like this should be a BIG problem, perhaps even a break-in issue. I'm just trying to narrow it down, as I'd like to be able to take it to an event in October, and don't think the turnaround would meet my timeframe.

V/R Karl