Pistols > C96 / C12 Broomhandle

Approximate Production Dates for C96 Pistols

<< < (2/4) > >>

broomie:
Hi Mauro,
Welcome to the forum  :)  Do you know where I can buy the book ? I am very interested in any foreign contract C96s.
I would much appreciate if you could let me know, cheers. ;)
Broomie

Mauro:
Dear Broomie,
If you are located in Europe, you can acquire the book directly from the authors, please contact us here: paulmauser@kpnmail.nl

If you are located in USA, you can contact the publisher (Brad Simpson): orders@simpsonltd.com

If you are located somewhere else fell free to contact either us or Simpson.

If you are interested in the early C96 contracts, you will find in the book a complete analysis of the first C96 contracts until 1914, when Paul Mauser passed away.

In particular, the Turkish, Italian, Persian and Mexican are analysed referring to the original material available in the archive. So you will have a complete picture of the contracts and also the good timing (not always correct in the books available so far).

Should you have any question, please feel free to contact me: mauser.archive@gmail.com

Best regards,

Mauro Baudino

broomie:
Hi mauro,
I am in the UK so I will order directly from the email address you have enclosed.
I am very much into the early C96, they are possibly the most elegant in terms of design in my humble opinion.
I have a Turkish Conehammer and a Persian Contract Pre-War, but sold my Italian Flatside a few years ago :(
I am very much interested in who were the recipients of the Turkish Conehammer issued to as there were approximately only 1000 examples ever produced ? Is there any photographic evidence in the book ?
Thanks again,
Broomie

Mauro:
Hi Broomie,
From UK you can order the book directly from us (authors).

If you are interested in the Ottoman - Mauser long relationship you will be very happy from what the book can offer to you. Paul Mauser had a very good relationship with Abdul Hamid II. You will learn the frustration of Paul Mauser about the very limited acquisition of C96 compared with the huge amount of Mauser Rifle and Carbine acquired by the Ottoman Empire; Paul tried hard to push the Ottoman Empire to acquire more C96 but there was no interest about this pistol.

About the recipients, you will know who received the 1000 pistols and you will see also, for the first time, the Turkish C96 manual.

However, no photo of Turkish soldier with C96... and you will see the main reason why it is almost impossible finding a photo of a Turkish Soldier with a C96.

Can you please tell me the serial number of your Turkish C96 for my database? 

Cheers,

Mauro Baudino

broomie:
My Turkish Conehammer is all matching numbered and is serial numbered 136 in Rumi of course.
So far I have only come across one photo of a Turkish officer carrying a holstered C96, it is on page 202 of a book "Turk Askeri Kiyafetleri" by I. Dunya Savasi'nda.
How much is the book , I will order one by the end of next month (April). Thanks again Mauro, you've been a great help  :)
Broomie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version