Author Topic: Value of Eagle F HSC?  (Read 23797 times)

murton

• View Profile
Value of Eagle F HSC?
« on: August 04, 2014, 01:40:37 AM »
New member here. Wonder if anyone could help me value wise on this HSC? Thanks!

#1, Eagle N on right side of barrel.

#2, Last 3 digits of serial number on under surface of barrel.

#3, Last  3 digits of serial number on under side of front of slide.

#4, Eagle N on front right side of slide.

#5, Body of unmarked magazine, in the white.

Excellent condition inside and out. Looks like it's been stashed in somebodies sock drawer for the last 65+ years.

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0. 8) ][/color]http://www.deadzoom.com/member/rbk/IMG_0001-edited-fullleftside.JPG[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)][/color]http://www.deadzoom.com/member/rbk/img_0004-edited-leftside.JPG[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]

[/color]

donp326

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Value of Eagle F HSC?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 10:02:26 AM »
we would need to see the complete serial too to make any judgement on value.

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 03:49:17 PM »
Why would you need to know the complete serial number to determine value?
I maintain a database of 1910, 1914, 1934 and WTP examples and I require the complete serial number to know which examples I have recorded. It is nice when someone is seeking information to provide information, like a complete serial number, to benifit  those who do research.
It is estimated that only 2500 HSCs were marked with the Eagle/F. This makes it a rare marking variation and the condition of this example appears to be very good. It also has plastic grips which are less common than wood grips. If all the serial numbers match and everything is correct it is MHO that value is in the $1000-1500. That said one can only see so much in 2 pictures and 2 of the serial numbers are internal and cannot be seen without disassembly. So it could be worth less and for someone who is looking for the variation it could be worth more.
I would be interested to know what Warbird  thinks of value.
Regards,

B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 04:58:40 PM »
Those grips don't look like my ejo grips.  Can you photo the inside to see, if they are repros? I like the example!!! Should have the late war, indent mag to be correct, not a flat bottom mag.

Jim
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 05:02:10 PM by jcorl »
Jim

murton

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 01:55:52 AM »
Those grips don't look like my ejo grips.  Can you photo the inside to see, if they are repros? I like the example!!! Should have the late war, indent mag to be correct, not a flat bottom mag.

Jim

Got the grips off, without buggering up the slots in the screws. The right grip is marked inside, "ejo 2229 1". Left, "ejo 2228 2". There is also a unknown marking that appears to trademark next to the numbers? I'll break out the camera tomorrow, to get the photos, you requested.

donp326

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 09:38:33 AM »
Why would you need to know the complete serial number to determine value?
I maintain a database of 1910, 1914, 1934 and WTP examples and I require the complete serial number to know which examples I have recorded. It is nice when someone is seeking information to provide information, like a complete serial number, to benifit  those who do research.
It is estimated that only 2500 HSCs were marked with the Eagle/F. This makes it a rare marking variation and the condition of this example appears to be very good. It also has plastic grips which are less common than wood grips. If all the serial numbers match and everything is correct it is MHO that value is in the $1000-1500. That said one can only see so much in 2 pictures and 2 of the serial numbers are internal and cannot be seen without disassembly. So it could be worth less and for someone who is looking for the variation it could be worth more.
I would be interested to know what Warbird  thinks of value.
Regards,

You make a good point but what I was after was to be sure n this gun was in the correct range for what he said it was.

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 10:40:24 AM »
I questioned those grips as they seem "too factory fresh".  Sounds like they are the real deal.  I could not see a single scratch or mar on them.   Looks like a very nice example.  It is a keeper in my books.

Jim
Jim

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 12:00:53 PM »
I agree with your valuation, Burgess.  $1,000 to $1,500 would be about right although I would still like him to share the serial number with us.

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 12:12:59 PM »
Murton,

Sharing the full serial number is the gentlemanly, correct thing to do.

Jim 
Jim

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 12:54:57 PM »
I agree that Murton should be willing to share the serial number. I just wanted to point out that the reason given when asking for it was not correct. I am funny that way. I have participated in many forums for several years now and have freely shared what I have learned about Mausers. Most of the time users have shown appreciation for what I have provided and a few have shown that "user" applies to them in more than one way. I have always felt forums are the venue for the free exchange of information about a shared interest. I also feel that it should be in a polite and respectful way.

So, Murton there are those here who would appreciate it if you provided the complete serial number if you don't mind?

Oh, Jim you should be aware that there are repro plastic grips comming out of eastern Europe that are made from the same molds as the originals were. It is hard to tell them apart.

Regards,

« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 12:58:26 PM by 1914mauser »
B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 02:06:11 PM »
No I was not aware of that.  Thank you for that valuable info.  Those on that "F" just look perfect, almost too perfect.

Jim
Jim

donp326

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 12:13:04 PM »
The serial range for for Eagle F.  Jan Still gives it as: 946120-948703. I don't know if it's been expanded either way.  I also don't know if the OP 's HSc Eagle F falls with this range.  Please provide you full serial number.

murton

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 12:25:07 PM »
The serial range for for Eagle F.  Jan Still gives it as: 946120-948703. I don't know if it's been expanded either way.  I also don't know if the OP 's HSc Eagle F falls with this range.  Please provide you full serial number.

donp326

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2014, 02:16:29 PM »
Can't tell if the third digit is an 8 or 9 could you post the serial as the picture is somewhat fuzzy.

murton

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2014, 02:32:47 PM »
Can't tell if the third digit is an 8 or 9 could you post the serial as the picture is somewhat fuzzy.