Author Topic: Mauser Hsc is now a jam-omatic with "new" (WW2?) barrel.  (Read 6084 times)

Laufer

• View Profile
Mauser Hsc is now a jam-omatic with "new" (WW2?) barrel.
« on: January 09, 2015, 01:01:08 AM »
Please excuse the long description.
The original barrel's feed ramp apparently was modified, producing Bulged brass. A club member who knows German WW2 handguns told me that "the brass is not supported". But it feeds very well, though I stopped using that barrel.

When the replacement barrel and slide arrived, I saw that the feed ramp looks and feels smooth. The tiny area of the frame's surface between the inserted mag and feed ramp also feels smooth.
 I'm a novice with handguns and my only prev. handguns are the superb Sauer 38H and Sig 232.

Much of the time when the Hsc's magazine is inserted with the New barrel, the round only strips part way in the feed lips, with the slide jammed.
Even when mag. insertion is fine and the first shot is normal, numerous succeeding rounds only go part way fwd. in the lips.
The ammo is recent fmj: Sellier & Bellot 7,65.

Even with this newer barrel in my original slide, rounds are not stripped more than part way forward.
Extra slide/barrel, matching #s 503: "Mauser A.G. Oberndorf a. Neckar". I've recently spent $500 buying this gun and $240 for the extra slide/barrel, though the firing pin is a rare, valuable spare.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 04:13:09 AM by Laufer »

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Mauser Hsc is now a jam-omatic with "new" (WW2?) barrel.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 11:42:27 AM »
So you are attempting to shoot a post war era HSc?  Is that correct?

Jim
Jim

Laufer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 01:27:38 PM »
It is a WW2 version, and both the original and extra slide have the same WW2 inscriptions.
The barrels have the eagle markings.

Thirty rounds were already used in the original barrel Before I noticed that all the brass from the next shots were bulged.

But my question is not about that barrel.
Trying to find a solution to jamming while using this Extra barrel, with no signs (it seems) of any alteration in the frame or feed ramp.

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 03:25:22 PM »
You try only one magazine or did you attempt a second magazine with the same results?   

Jim
Jim

Laufer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 02:14:15 AM »
"Roger that" about trying the second magazine. I was a total Dummkopf not to have verified using the other magazine.

It went much better today (2 jams in approx. 30-35 rds.). A seasoned handgun guy at the club saw a jammed round which was barely forward of its normal position in the mag, and suggested that polishing the feed ramp and/or a tighter spring might solve it in one or both magazines.

To polish the ramp, which feels/looks smooth,  Flitz seems popular on Youtube but I don't have a Dremel.
If that doesn't quite solve it, maybe specific modern springs can fit into the aftermarket magazines (?).