Author Topic: Mauser export during WWI?  (Read 5808 times)

Cleanharry

• View Profile
Mauser export during WWI?
« on: March 25, 2015, 12:10:28 PM »
I was wondering if/when Mauser stopped exporting the Model 1910 to the USA. I am open to bonafide facts and to opinions and wild guesses

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Mauser export during WWI?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 01:10:18 PM »
I cannot state a clear month and year Mauser stopped exporting during WWI. As far as production, specifically of the pocket models it is clear that the majority, if not all of the .32 caliber pocket models were Imperially accepted (went to the German armed forces). Production of the .25 caliber model was greatly reduced and may of even stopped at some point during WWI. This may be why there appears to be a gap in .25 caliber serial numbers that would have been used during the war years. This occurs in the 1910/14 new model variation.

Regards,
B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

Cleanharry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 04:00:42 PM »
You rock, Burgess! Having this little gun has sent me on a journey learning about WWI.

About a year ago I found a Browning designed FN in .32 ACP. As I understand, it is the model of pistol that was used to assassinate Arch Duke Ferdinand, if I'm correct.

These little pistols have given me great joy.

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 06:52:13 AM »
As I understand it the Duke was assassinated with a Browning/FN (potato-potato) .32 but Browning made more than 1 model in .32 so I do not know if you have the same model. Also I am a Mauser student and I am very focused on that, so you will need a Browning or a WWI history guy to reply to that question or you can do a little research on your own. The Internet is a wonderful research tool.

Regards,
B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small