Author Topic: Help with any information available on HSC Pistol  (Read 14498 times)

Kingfish62

• View Profile
Re: Help with any information available on HSC Pistol
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2015, 08:04:09 AM »
Thanks for all the great info. It is a really nice piece. I probably will not shoot it. Most likely gift it to a friend that collects old things and let him enjoy it! You are fairly sure there were no special order guns from the period that were done in nickel for Naval Personnel? Maybe sent out for the process? I was 25 years Navy and I would have wanted mine this way.

Kingfish62

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2015, 08:09:37 AM »
I would also be curious why a later gun with import stamps "Interarms" would have more value? I see a post here where you value one at $450. Would seem regardless of nickel finish an older war era weapon bring back would over value a much newer gun? Just curious why the market would be otherwise?

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2015, 08:58:55 AM »
The market does value the older WWII era HSCs over the ones made in the late 60s early 70s but not regardless of one being refinished. Collectors want ones in original condition. Some non factory use markings increase value, like German Naval markings and others hurt value, like a GI replacing the grips with aircraft plexiglass or carving their initials into the grips or having one chrome plated. Collectors also value condition and prefer examples that were well taken care of loss of original finish is a major factor in consideration of value. So even if yours was refinished with the original type blue finish it is no longer the original and a knowing eye can tell.

Regards,
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 09:05:25 AM by 1914mauser »
B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

donp326

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2015, 08:00:25 PM »
Legacy Collectables has several Mauser HSc's that are war time maufacture for $800 plus.  These are 97% or better guns.