Author Topic: Some nice additional Mauser finds  (Read 5988 times)

vlim

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Some nice additional Mauser finds
« on: April 01, 2015, 12:34:58 PM »
Sometimes you come across items that are too nice to pass up, especially if they are related to our favorite brand.

Here are some recent acquisitions:

1. A 1940s pay envelope from the Mauser subsidiary in Berlin-Borsigwalde (in the DWM complex).
2. A Mauser company chair.

Sarge

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Some nice additional Mauser finds
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 07:25:03 PM »
Boy, talk about lucky finds!  Where are you - your sign in doesn't say.   
Want to sell either one?  I like the Borsigwalde Mauser stuff the best of all the different factories.  I've got all but one of the K98ks from there.                                                                                                                                                                       Sarge
Calling Illegal Aliens “Undocumented Residents” is like call Drug Dealers “Unlicensed Pharmacists!”
LIFE  MEMBER:  NRA, VFW, DAV, SFA, SOA, 281AHC Assoc & CAF

vlim

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 02:14:19 PM »
Hi, I found the Mauser chair in Oberndorf. These were used in the company and several of them were sold off and ended up in Oberndorf homes. A few are now in the Oberndorf town hall and in the Oberndorf Museum as well.

The envelope came from an antiques dealer in Germany as well. The stuff is out there, finding it is a challenge :)

mauserfan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 05:58:11 PM »
Wow, that chair is spectacular!  What a great find.  I think a trip to Obendorf is in order.
Never Enough Mausers!