Author Topic: Trtigger fails to return for second shot  (Read 6717 times)

tomc

• View Profile
Trtigger fails to return for second shot
« on: June 12, 2015, 03:17:33 PM »
I recently acquired a 1934 model  Mauser,s/n 626816 Kreigsmarine with Norwegian police s/n 4693, in beautiful shape.  Upon firing this gun the trigger failed to return to its normal position for a second shot.  I pushed the trigger forward and played with trigger catch several times before the gun would fire again.  This was repeated several times before the gun would fire.  My initial thoughts are that there is a bad spring in there but upon inspection I cant tell which it is nor how the trigger should function.  I ordered a spring package but I have no idea how to replace the internal springs and will have to find a gunsmith.  My question is can someone tell me what is the  nature of my problem and how can this be fixed?

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Trtigger fails to return for second shot
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 09:25:39 AM »
It sounds like a broken trigger spring but it is extremely difficult to trouble shoot or suggest gun repair by forum. Something else to consider is if it is in decent shape it has good collector value and you may consider that shooting a 75 year old pistol risky. You could do damage that will cause it to be worth a great deal less.

Regards,
B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

tomc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 08:23:23 PM »
I replaced the trigger spring  and  can report that  the gun  fires perfectly.  The trigger spring that broke was wire,the first springs  I received were also wire and looked like the Double action springs  shown  in the reproduction manual.   That manual appears to  shows the trigger spring to be wire.  I broke all the wire spring trying to get them to fit.  The Numrich schematic shows the trigger spring to be a one quarter inch wide piece of steel and this went in with minimal effort and worked perfectly  .  Was the original spring wire and later reconfigured?

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 06:40:31 AM »
I think we are talking about 2 different springs or perhaps comparing an early .25 caliber Sidelatch model to later models. The trigger spring I was referring to is a flat about 1/4 inch wide spring that rides against the trigger. I am glad you got it working.

Regards,
Burgess
B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small