Author Topic: 1871 Argentine Mauser  (Read 7192 times)

LMHawk

• View Profile
1871 Argentine Mauser
« on: June 28, 2015, 10:58:37 AM »
I have an 1871 (believed to be an Argentine) Mauser that I purchased from a pawn shop several years ago. It was paired with a Remington rolling block that I identified through another website as an Argentine from the early 1870's.  Both rifles have identical barrel markings indicating they were barreled in Belgium and have the Perron stamp and apparently the bore diameter stamp of 10.6.  I did a chamber cast of both in an attempt to identify the caliber and the closest I could come is 11 mm Mauser.  Unfortunately I can't afford Webster's book but my "Military Mausers of the World" doesn't even mention them.  Any help with ID or info would be greatly appreciated.  I also downloaded a picture of the Buenos Aires police with both guns from the same site but that site doesn't mention the 1871 Mauser.  TIA

pakistan@tiac.net

• View Profile
Re: 1871 Argentine Mauser
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 07:15:38 PM »
1871 Mauser used in Argentine Army have an  "EN" stamped omce or twice on the metal.
Denotes  "Ejercito Nacional"  (National Army).     I have seen two of these thus far.
My question is how to identify Argentine usage of the 1888 Commission rifles...a quantity
send to Buenos Aires but never issued -- sold at auction and went to Chile.   Does anyone know
how to identify Argentine use?   Same with Belgian 1889 rifle.

pakistan@tiac.net

• View Profile
Re: 1871 Argentine Mauser
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 03:20:51 PM »
Responding to 1871 and Argentine usage..as I stated I believe they have to have the
"EN" marking to prove rifle from Argentine inventory

pakistan@tiac.net

• View Profile
Re: 1888 Commission earlier Post
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 12:59:43 PM »
I made a mistake,,the 1888 Comm rifles bought by Argentina were shipped but never used.
They were sold to PARAGUAY (not Chile as I earlier posted)  My question was has anyone
ever seen one and were they marked showing shipped TO Argentina.   Many time
rifles were kept together in armories when turned back in and in the 1960s-1980s were
bought by American surplus weapons dealers for the collectors market.???