Author Topic: HSc 9mmK recoil spring  (Read 6156 times)

vwpieces

• View Profile
HSc 9mmK recoil spring
« on: August 24, 2015, 01:12:41 PM »
Hello  all,
I have a an Interarms 380 that I recently acquired.
Checking Wolf gunsprings.com I see they list recoil springs as Early. Can I use the same in my Interarms 1973 ish modell HSc in 380 with 7 round magazine.

Also what's the compatibility of the other srings they stock for the same caliber?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 12:52:46 PM by vwpieces »

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: HSc 9mnK recoil spring
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 03:01:32 PM »
Hello vwpieces.  Even though the title says "Early HSc" you'll notice that the individual items are listed as "7.65 & 9mm" and are good for your .380.

vwpieces

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 08:42:09 PM »
Thank you for the info.

I am looking for a replacement recoil spring because I find some things strange about the one in the pistol.  I am not sure its original.
There is no tight end of the coils to put at the chamber.
my spring is stupid strong compared to mt 1911 16#. If I had to guess its 20+#

Are there any magazine manufacturers out there besides Triple K? Any worth a darn?

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 09:39:09 PM »
Sounds like a previous owner was trying to compensate for a "fail-to-feed" problem by using an over-pressure Recoil Spring.  He was probably using an after-market Magazine.  Did an original come with the pistol?

After-market Magazines are a crap shoot to say the least.  Best bet is to use an original Mauser.  I have to tell you also that the .380 HSc has a tendency to break parts like the Trigger Hinge Pin.  So be careful when a problem comes up!

vwpieces

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 10:22:36 PM »
You pretty much called it. FTFeed first time out. 50rnd box pf PMC FMJ. May have had 1 successful magazine but most were back to back FTF rounds.

Ramp on frame does not match angle of barrel ramp & frame ramp also sits higher. I blended them together with a 1/2 round jewelers file but haven't been back to range. 1st range session was Yesterday, Sunday. Also the take down was really difficult. There was a lump of metal from where the tooling machined a circular cut & left the lumo on the center of milling bit. Sanded that on a flat surface & kept the angle the came. MUCH easier to take apart now.

Pistol also shoot really low. 10-12yds I need to have the front sight way up. I mean flat sides of the tip of front barrel at the top of rear sights. Now with that hold I am aiming at the Top of an 8in paper plate & still hitting on the lower half of plate.
Any variations in rear sights? They look like my CZ 75B but I haven't measured.