Pistols > Model 1934 Pistol

Mauser Model 34 Serial Number Range

(1/2) > >>

Hobmachine:
I have a Model 34 Mauser pistol with a range outside that of 617000, which I seem to read a lot as being the end of production.
My SR is 622243. Gun has eagle over N proof at back of rear sight.
Interestingly, this pistol was the sidearm of the Chief Constable of Northern Ireland, Sir John Hermann, 1980-89.
Can anyone shed any light on the serial number?
many thanks.

Warbird:
Welcome to the site, Hobmachine!  Actually, the highest reported serial number is 628585 so it is well within production limits.  However, I would expect the expert in these matters, 1914mauser, to have the final word here.  Also, what proof (provenance) do you have that it was owned by the Chief Constable?

Hobmachine:
Wow, thank you so much for the swift and efficient response!
That the highest recorded number is 628585 relieves me greatly as I could not understand why so many were quoting the 617*** range.

There is also a nice picture of a pistol in the Collectors Grade publication publication which again has a S/R beyond 617***.

Provenance of the pistol to the Chief Constable of the Royal Ulster Constabulary, Sir John "Jack" Herman, 1980-1989 was provided to me from the gun dealer in County Antrim where the firearm was sold, and, most importantly, I have the Chief Constable's Firearms Certificate, which of course has the Mauser M34 on it. For someone such as myself who has a small Mauser collection in Northern Ireland, this pistol represents a real piece of living history and acquiring it was a real scoop!

1914mauser:
Warbird is correct, the highest 1934 SN I have recorded is 628585. It sounds like you have a neat piece of history too. It is rare to have provenance to prove previous ownership and to a notable person as well. Congratulations!

Regards,

Hobmachine:
To WARBIRD & 1914 MAUSER, many thanks for such a warm welcome to the site and for answering off the queries that have bugged me for quite a while.
I am resident in Northern Ireland and it's a blast to be able to talk with like minded souls from around the globe !!!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version