Author Topic: HSc not working correctly  (Read 14266 times)

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: HSc not working correctly
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2015, 08:07:27 PM »
I am glad you got it to work.  They probably sent you a part from the WWII model.

jd251209

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2015, 10:57:10 PM »
That was my initial guess but I couldn't confirm since I don't own a WWII model. Maybe they just made them beefier back then.

jd251209

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2015, 12:54:54 AM »
Just an update on the gun, the slide stop works and no longer slams shuts. I did have an issue at the range where the trigger just kept dying on me. I needed like 100 lbs just to shoot the damn thing. As it turned out the trigger bar spring jumped out of place and so did the trigger bar. I got it working again (its at a normal trigger pull) but kinda cleaned it up and threw it in a corner. Its a cool gun and all but jeez these things are touchy.

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2015, 07:42:41 AM »
I'm certainly glad to be of help to you in this situation.  You showed a great deal of patience as we walked through the fix.  I guess you did not need a gunsmith after all.

If you ever want to dust it off and work on it again, you might want to consider exchanging the Barrel and Recoil Spring with a .32 caliber.  It's much more fun to shoot and a lot less wear and tear on your HSc.  Just be sure it's from the same vintage as your gun.  WWII Barrels do not always fit properly with the Frame.

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2015, 09:53:49 AM »
JD,

Congratulations on the diagnosis and repair.  Good call!

Jim
Jim