Author Topic: 7.65 Arg  (Read 13714 times)

capnkirk

• View Profile
7.65 Arg
« on: May 05, 2013, 07:20:36 PM »
    I have not seen an '09 Argentine, but the pictures sure look pretty. I am a big fan of the cartridge. I have a '91 DWM in 98% pristine condition. The fit and finish is impeccable.
    Ammo is hard to find and expensive when you do, but I have found that brass is easily formed from 8mm cases. I have harvested several deer and an elk with this gun.
    The upside of the '09 is that it is built on the classic '98 action. If I found one in good condition I would love to make it mine.

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: 7.65 Arg
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 01:05:40 PM »
I have one of these, but cannot find where it tells the caliber.  What ammo should I be looking for?   That is unless, it has been rechambered and I have one of those also, but it shows 30-06 on the side of the barrel.

Thanks for any help.

Jim
Jim

capnkirk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 11:56:15 PM »
    If yours is original equipment, and has not been rechambered/rebarreled, it should
eat 7.65x53mm Mauser, AKA Argentine, AKA Belgian. The only factory loads I have
found are, or were, made by Norma. I have been forming brass from 8x57 Mauser
brass in one step and trimming. Neck and shoulder annealing can help. Bores can
vary from .310 to .313 and should be checked. I have been running .311s through
mine with excellent results.

MATT HELM

• Vigilant Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
    • DEAN MARTIN TRIBUTE
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 09:37:20 PM »
I am  happy  to have a sporterized 1909  Argentine Mauser.... 30.06  I have had it for 27 yrs. Timmney trigger is my only addition. (+  padded camo stock sleeve ..  to save the nice  50"s style cheek piece )
 Nicest gun I ever bought from a customer, when I was in the  Tavern Buisiness. Little heavy, with the figured Turkish Walnut ..high gloss , to imitate a Weatherby. I could go on ..... More stories in a later thread.

Don't judge a man, till you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away from him, and you will have his shoes.

capnkirk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 05:56:09 PM »
   Yippeee!! I found a beauty; clean stock, shiny bore, matching numbers everywhere!

However, the parts that should be dark blue/black are a dull, flat gray that I have
never seen on an old Mauser. Looks like a cheap "parker". Can this be original? Really?
Say it ain't so.

Any comments re:this finish or re-bluing will be appreciated. Thanks, Kirk

tahoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 01:06:22 AM »
New here, but not new to Mausers, I'm no expert, just a guy who likes mauser rifles. That said all the
1909 Argentines, that I have seen, have been a deep blue or faded blue, even the re-arsenal ones.
The only Parkerized one's that I've seen were done by the owners, 1-black/grey , 1-green.
My 1909 Cavalry Carbine has a "in-the-white action with everything else "blue" and likely re-arsenaled
1926 or later, as it has the bayonet lug thru the "Mannlicher" type stock.

capnkirk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 04:10:52 PM »
   Ya! I'm pretty sure this one lost it's "C&R" virginity some time ago, but I can't decide
whether to mess with it any more. DWM-style blue/black would be wonderful if it could
be done without degrading the crest and other markings.  Advice?