Author Topic: Happy Holdidays  (Read 7573 times)

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Happy Holdidays
« on: November 30, 2015, 10:21:23 AM »
To all a Happy Holiday and to all a good find.

JIm
Jim

Newbergian

• View Profile
Re: Happy Holdidays
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 11:53:20 AM »
Is one of those ... gulp... painted green?!

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 12:48:34 PM »
So tell us about your Low Grip Screw HSC. Commercial or KM? Matching? SN? How many arms and legs did it cost you?

Regards,
B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 01:09:16 PM »
Newbergian:  Mauser used a chrome rinse in their phosphate process that resulted in a greenish tint to the finish.  Without it, the finish would have been similar to a grayish parkerized finish favored by the Allies.

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 03:40:36 PM »
Newbergian,  You don't have to "gulp".  That is a very early and when I say very early, I mean it,.. "phosphate" finish.  It is not painted green.  You would like the gun, if you saw it in person.  The mag is an identical heavy green tent.  It was bought in New York.  Great story, the vet told about where it came from.  The LGS is yes a KM.  I tried to get that in the photo, but gave up.  Thanks 1914 Mauser for taking a look at the trio.  Let me tell you the cost of that gun.  "I had to tell my wife and that is serious stuff"!  Normally I just locate some spare cash and a gun appears for next to nothing. On that one, I had to spill the beans.  I think, we may be still be eating beans, also.  I could not get the full history on the KM, but was told it had a holster at one time.  The last one of the trio is a strange duck.  It has presentation right grip and a unit designation pantographed left side.  Got the unit figured out with allot of work, but the presentation plaque is missing within the factory cutout.  The serial number puts it within a few numbers of the Victour Lutz presentation to staff examples in the Christmas of 1941.  Thanks for looking and commenting.  Sorry Newbergian, you don't care for my "green" one.  Happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas      Jim       
Jim

Newbergian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 12:07:20 PM »
RE Green HSc's: And so learning hath taken place and now I know ....Thanks.
So I guess I should have bought that box of ugly green pistols last week .....:-)

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 12:32:02 PM »
Ha Ha,

Yes,  Buy them and if you don't like them, then sell them to me.  Have a good holiday and keep looking for those hidden treasures.  Enjoyed your comment. 

Jim
Jim

gebirg

• Trusted Contributor
  • If not a Mauser, then what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2016, 03:54:10 AM »
Thats a fine trio Jim - happy new year to you!
Pay attention!