Author Topic: HSc Production Chart  (Read 106608 times)

dana

• View Profile
Re: HSc Production Chart
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2017, 03:10:23 PM »
Thank you VERY much for the information.  I had never noticed the eagle on the slide. I don't shoot it as much as some other weapons because of its age and the fact that I plan to pass it on to my son (I inherited it from my dad, who purchased it in 1952). It does shoot really well using S&B ball ammunition.  The light recoil allows me to use "triple-tap" groups with pretty good accuracy (8-10" groups) at 7-10 yards (adequate for defensive shooting). Thanks especially for the advice on the wooden grips. Dad did keep a set of rather gaudy "pearl" grips for it, although he preferred the wood.  I think I might put the pearl grips on it, as you suggest.  Thanks also for the info on extra magazines. Think I may go look for one today.

thagooseN8er

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2017, 08:05:22 PM »
can any1 help? can these serial numbers be tracked to a us citizen? are permits needed to purchase these guns?

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2017, 09:19:55 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Goose!  Not quite sure what you mean by "tracked to a U.S. citizen".  Yes ... anyone over the age of 21 with no felonies can purchase without permits.  If you do not have at least a Type 03 (Collector of Curios and Relics) Federal Firearms License you will have to ship to a licensed gun dealer who will charge you a fee (about $35) to handle the transfer.

Anything else, let me know.

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2017, 03:08:33 PM »
Dear Run,  Happy you posted your great find, but I think it may be posted in the wrong thread.  Anxious to see some photos of it and the holster.  It sounds like a great gun.  The full serial number will help.  We share on this forum the full serial numbers and other indentification factors on examples. 

Jim
Jim

dpm010101

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2018, 05:16:09 PM »
Gentlemen

I'm new to this forum.  Like other forums I've looked at, it's clear that there are some extremely well informed people here.  So I'm hoping you folks can provide me with some insight.

I've just acquired an HSc, 7.65 cal, Ser No 807925.  The only markings are the eagle over N on the right side of the trigger guard next to the grip and on the right side of the slide near the muzzle.  As best as I can determine this gun was a so-called commercial issue manufactured in 1942.  I was fortunate to find a very clean example.  The blueing is nearly 100% intact with some holster wear at the very front end of the slide and on the usual outside corners on the front half of the gun.

I'm trying to get a sense of who might have purchased this gun originally.  I realize this is a crystal ball question with no possible definitive answer.  Nonetheless there must have been some generalizations or I perhaps a short list of the types of people who were purchasing commercial HSc's during the war years.  I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts.

Best regards,

Dave

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2018, 05:34:28 PM »
To be more specific, your Wartime Commercial HSc was produced in December 1942.  In answer to your question, private sale of firearms in Germany was restricted to government authorized purchasers only. This would include military personnel, the political elite, and special interest groups such as friendly foreign government dignitaries.

Hope that helps.  Anything else, let me know.

dpm010101

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2018, 09:07:38 PM »
Thanks Warbird

I appreciate knowing it's manufacture date that accurately.  It also confirms what I thought about who could buy it.  I recall hearing that Germany exercised a fair amount of gun control during the Nazi era.

Best regards,

Dave

Bear54

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2018, 11:48:40 AM »
Hello All
I'am new to the forum and have recently acquired a  HSC 380 by interarms serial #01.29640
Any help on year of manufacture would be appreciated.

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2018, 12:42:29 PM »
Your HSc production date was about 1973.  Hope that helps.

Sharpshooter135

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2018, 04:30:16 PM »
Hello All,
I just purchased a Mauser hsc serial 734071.
It's has an eagle topped with letter N,there are some faded marks on the left trigger guard,will post pictures  once I receive it by next week.
Any info like month, year of manufacture etc.will be appreciated.

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2018, 04:46:35 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Sharpshooter!  Your HSc was produced in September 1941.  Any other information can only be available when your pictures are posted showing that left Trigger Guard and overall condition of the finish and Grips.  You also need to confirm that all serial numbers match.  Look forward to your next post.

Fausto

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2018, 05:01:36 PM »
Hi to you all !
I recently posted in the Central Powers and Axis Pistols Forum a Mauser HSc, serial number 739293, which was supposedly made in 1941.
Could you narrow the date of manufacture?
Thank you so much
Fausto from  Italy
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 05:06:57 PM by Fausto »

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2018, 05:08:57 PM »
Welcome Fausto!  I would be glad to help but can you tell me first if your HSc has military, police, or just Commercial markings?  Look forward to hearing from you.

Fausto

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2018, 05:48:36 PM »
Thank you so much for your kind and quick reply...
It has a large E-655 Heer acceptance mark... The holster is a jhg 42 with WaA 266 acceptance mark...

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2018, 06:00:35 PM »
Thanks for sharing, Fausto.  Your Early Wartime Army HSc was produced in October 1941 so it was just under 1 year (December 1940) that the HSc was on the production line.  Most of the production in 1941 went to the Army along with Police.  A few were made for the Navy and Commercial sales.

Anything else, let me know.  Regards.