Author Topic: Early/"Earlier" Police E/F ?  (Read 17384 times)

DerAck

• The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday
    • View Profile
Early/"Earlier" Police E/F ?
« on: March 23, 2016, 07:04:49 PM »
Greetings Alle
Have very recently taken possession of "An HSc Rig" - comprised of a about flawless late
by Ser.# 850575, "Peak War Series", Eagle/F pistol. These, I'd been led to believe, were
only mfg. during 1945 - and my serial # indicates mfg. in late August of '43.
The piece came in a dark burnished looking brown "Strap Up" E/B stamped holster which
also bears a WaA1,possibly 4, and unknown last digit - both stampings on flap beneath the
strap. The piece wears the "Military Blue" finish, has the earlier "Etched" slide markings, sans
3 lines & with vert. lines in Mauser logo. The grip panels are of unmarred dark brown vertically 
grained wood. Both magazines are of in-the-white bodies with blued floor plates, without either 
the Mauser logo - or indents.
Other stampings consist of the E/N on right of trigger guard and right tip of slide at muzzle.
This being my first HSc - I've purchased "The Mauser HSc Pistol" volume. My Posting here
being for whatever, if any, information may be gleaned by the members herein.
At present, I've not taken any photos of the lil jewel.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 07:52:14 PM by DerAck »
USN, The Nam '65-'67
NRA Benefactor

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Early/"Earlier" Police E/F ?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 07:35:57 PM »
Welcome to the forum, DerAck.  Unfortunately, your HSc is much too early in production to be an Eagle/F.  It has already been reported as a Commercial HSc produced during a considerably large run of this type.  Perhaps if you could photograph the Eagle/F on the left Trigger Guard web we can clear this up.  The first Eagle/F was 945568 made in January 1945.

DerAck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 09:58:12 PM »
Warbird
Well, this being my fourth attempt at uploading photos to your Forum -
My little Canon SX150 IS took half a dozen photos of my newest acquisition,
paying particular attention to the "Impossible" stick Adler mit Hakenkreuz und "F"
thereupon - and one of the Front Strap Serial #.
My photos range from 1.43MB to 1.69MB - your Forum machinery informs me
that no photo may exceed 1024 KB. Suggestions??
Whatever - it is definitely an E/F - and unless some critter has made himself such a
stamp (if so, a mighty fine job was done) or, there are genuine/original E/F stamps
lurking about - then It's, as my original post questioned or suggested - It Is Real!
If You Catch My Drift.
It's presently 2153hrs. and I'm about to get something to eat - and go fly RoF for awhile -
No offense intended.
Guten Nacht
DerAck 

USN, The Nam '65-'67
NRA Benefactor

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 10:23:50 PM »
None taken, DerAck.  The truth can sometimes be a bitter pill to swallow.  May I suggest you go elsewhere to find the confirmation you seek.

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 08:03:13 AM »
Eagle/F stamps have been available on E-bay for a few years now. Slapping the back of a stamp with the business end against the right spot of a commercial example is the easiest way to fake a more valuable example. Serial number databases and knowledge of what is correct is the best way to protect yourself against such fakes. If I had a HSC question Warbird is the one person I would ask and know that I would get an honest answer.

Regards,
B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

DerAck

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 05:06:06 PM »
Greetings, again
Ah, it is a New Day - and I'll begin here with a very sincere apology to Herr "Warbird" last night - for my
attitude - which was brought about by my realization of knowing He, in his assessment of my Pristine
appearing  "E/F" piece - to be totally accurate. I had, via my own limited research, subsequent to purchase
of course, combined with a previous (03/10/12) experience with the same seller - formed doubts re the
authenticity of my HSc. Such doubts being the primary reason for my original posting's Subject/Title - I knew,
or at least expected I was likely to receive exactly the reply rendered by Warbird - and was not all too surprised
to have received same. This was subsequent to having purchased my copy of Warbird's co-authored volume.
His statement re the Truth being a bitter pill to swallow is most accurate also. 
Now, am not certain if what I'm about to state now is "Verboten" here - if so, kindly delete this reply.
On 10 March, 2012, I took possession of a BYF'41 Luger, purchased on Guns America for $2500.00 -
from a seller utilizing the name of Mister Luger. Upon taking delivery at my local Post Office, I opened the
package immediately upon entering my truck in the parking lot. IT was absolutely beautiful, TOO Absolutely
Beautiful - not a scratch, perfect bluing at the muzzle, on the side plate, on both grip straps - I field stripped
it in the truck - perfect bluing within - slide and frame rails & grooves, magazine channel - all perfect, unmarred
bluing. After a telephonic discussion w/Herr Mr. Luger, it went back - I'd swapped the '41 for what was a less
than absolutely perfect, but bearing evidence of at least original use - BYF'42 - which I have yet today.
I've viewed Many of Mr. Luger's offerings on GA in the past five years and have taken many opportunities to utilize
the "Ask the Seller A Question" to make comment to Mr. Luger of the bluing over obvious pitting on various pieces,
the lighter greenish blue of Cold Blue having been slopped over various areas of "former" wear. I've received very few
(None) replies. Mr. Luger, in conversation states re-bluing is not just re-bluing - but "Restoration" - and what his buying
public desires.
To conclude my ramblings here - all my frustrations with my HSc have been entirely of my own doings - I viewed It on GA,
was & Is positively the nicest HSc I've ever viewed (Hint) - here comes the Punch Line - I purchased It, on telephone, from
Mr. Luger - it was/is EXACTLY as the BYF'41 - Totally Reblued/"Restored" - and further "Enhanced/Upgraded" to E/F status.
The SOB did it to me twice - and it's entirely my own damned fault!!
I sent Mr. Luger a much less than charming Email last evening - Much, Much less than charming. He, as a gracious act, has
replied stating he'll gladly refund all funds - if I never attempt to do business with him again. Ya Think??
I might just keep the HSc - as a Reminder - should I again need One
Thanks for listening.
DerAck

« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 04:38:04 AM by DerAck »
USN, The Nam '65-'67
NRA Benefactor

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 05:15:36 PM »
You can send me your photos and I will post them for you.

Jim

jcorl@klmtel.net
Jim

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 05:56:53 PM »
Apology is, of course, accepted.  Emotions can run high in our chosen pastime and I always try to let someone down as easily as possible with bad news.  Anyway, thanks for purchasing our book and you can be sure that all the facts are in there without being "refinished".  I/we are always here to answer questions, preferably before a purchase is made!

DerAck

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 06:22:01 PM »
You can send me your photos and I will post them for you.

Jim

jcorl@klmtel.net

Ah, jcorl/Jim
I thank you for the offer - had thought last night to attempt to reduce the size of
each pertinent photo - to enable my uploading Here - by that time I'd had enough of the entire issue.
As things stand - for what purpose - do you think the members Here would be interested
in viewing a totally "Restored" Commercial HSc  - which has been "Enhanced" by the addition
of a Fake (at least definitely not applied by the "Good Guys"/I'm a ins Stadt Bremen geboren War Brat) E/F ??
Vielen Dank
DerAck
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 03:45:22 AM by DerAck »
USN, The Nam '65-'67
NRA Benefactor

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2016, 08:59:12 PM »
Members can learn as much from a fake as they can from a correct original example, if you need a reason to post pictures. Also, I commend you for not only sharing your story but for naming the seller who seems to be purposely trying to deceive and selling boosted items.

Regards,
B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2016, 10:55:11 PM »
Education can only help our members, both new and senior.  I will reduce the size of those photos by software.  Jim
Jim

DerAck

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2016, 04:20:00 AM »
Members can learn as much from a fake as they can from a correct original example, if you need a reason to post pictures. Also, I commend you for not only sharing your story but for naming the seller who seems to be purposely trying to deceive and selling boosted items.

Regards,

'14 Mauser
I had misgivings re the possible/probable reactions of the members herein were I to include Mr. Luger's business name - whose given name is Walter
Smeddy, of Lancaster, PA. Thing being, I had informed him in my less (Much, Much) than gracious message last night - that I fully intended to Introduce
and offer him up on a platter at/in every firearm related Forum of which I'm a member - - and to every firearm related contact with whom I'm acquainted
both personally and On-Line. I intend to keep my Word. I gave him a "Positive" rating on GA in 2012, stating our transaction re the BYF'41 Luger had been completed with "Issues". Not This time. I'm a 32+ year retired NYSP Member, a Gunsmith for 25+ years, and a half-assed dealer (Buy more than Sell) and have been collecting Deutsche Waffen , predominately military, since separating from USN in '68. I've only been stung thrice, twice by Mr. Luger
and once by a somewhat renowned SB by name of Roger F. Honts - who continues to peddle as "German Guns" on GA. Google His name! Herr Smeddy has succeeded in getting me Mad. No Quarter offered! My apologies, I'm venting.
Guten Nacht/Morgen Alle
DerAck
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 04:48:29 AM by DerAck »
USN, The Nam '65-'67
NRA Benefactor

donp326

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2016, 12:03:09 PM »
If you use vetted dealers like Legacy Collectables (Toms site) or Pre98 (Scotty Benedict) You will get what you pay for.  They also will guarantee guns are what they are supposed to be.  They also post many pictures at different angles too of each gun they have for sale.   
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 12:07:07 PM by donp326 »

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2016, 11:42:25 PM »
Posting of photos.  The strike appears hard and a little low to me, but the main thing that sticks out is the entire stamp appears larger than original.  I had great large quality photos to view.  When I reduced their file size, they lost some quality. 

Jim
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 11:47:16 PM by jcorl »
Jim

DerAck

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2016, 01:14:39 AM »
Grüsse Jim
Am pleased you received the photos and were able to work your wizardry with them.
Understand your mention of "The Strike being a little low" - the bottom of Hakenkreuz ist
at the very edge of the TG - - but, just how does a Strike appear "Hard", "Soft", or "Just
Right"??
"Great Large Quality Photos to view" - - all credit must go to the Canon "On Auto' - as I
most certainly had nothing to do with either the Size - or Quality.

Perhaps now, this Posting/Thread/Topic/Whatever can be put zum Bett ??
Regards,
DerAck
USN, The Nam '65-'67
NRA Benefactor