Author Topic: Early/"Earlier" Police E/F ?  (Read 17382 times)

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Early/"Earlier" Police E/F ?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2016, 05:30:15 AM »
If you use vetted dealers like Legacy Collectables (Toms site) or Pre98 (Scotty Benedict) You will get what you pay for.  They also will guarantee guns are what they are supposed to be.  They also post many pictures at different angles too of each gun they have for sale.   

I cannot speak for Pre98 but as for Legacy there have been many examples from this dealer that have turned out to be questionable if not outright boosted. I would say the majority of their items are correct but there have been examples that where clearly not right and they were aware of it and did not bother to mention the issues when describing for sale. I do not know how or by whom you can call any dealer "vetted" as this is a business for them. When they acquire or get stuck with a boosted item they will try to pass it on at a profit if they can.

This Eagle/F stamp may appear slightly off location, the stamp used may also be slightly larger than a correct stamp. A close up would help. The low serial number is the biggest tell. If this has been refinished it appears well done. look how the muzzle appears to have some high edge wear.

Regards,
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 05:33:54 AM by 1914mauser »
B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

donp326

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2016, 07:46:26 AM »
1914mauser
I have done extsive business with Legacy over several years i know personaaly that if there is something not right they will take it back for a full refund.  I have done that once.  No problems at all.

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2016, 08:42:57 AM »
If you want to vouch for them that is your privilege. Taking bad items back is good for business. Was the item misrepresented? I stand by my statement without reservations.

Regards,
B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2016, 02:39:45 PM »
I could have been more clear. The hard strike was very deep and all edges were pronounced.  The stamp appeared somewhat larger than I might suggest is normal. Happy to be of assistance. Jim
Jim

pardt

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2016, 08:28:52 PM »
I think the lesson is that no matter who you purchase from it is best to be cautious and do your research. I have purchased from both pre98 and legacy and wouldnt hesitate to do further business with either. But I have noticed several legacy listings that weren't quite 100% accurate.
But at the end of the day you do know that if you aren't satisfied you can return a item.
Lastly thank you for the photos of the original hsc in question. It is a shame that it's collectible status has now been removed

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2016, 09:54:49 PM »
OK ... I think we have taken this about as far as we need to.  This thread is closed.