Author Topic: HSc on Gunbroker  (Read 5667 times)

abukafura

• View Profile
HSc on Gunbroker
« on: May 07, 2016, 08:23:40 PM »
Question for Warbird:  There is an HSc on Gunbroker that I have some doubts about.  The auction number is 556558271.  The front right of this pistols' slide is engraved with an SA unit identification.  This does not look quite right to me and I have doubts about its origin.  Could you look at this auction and give me your opinions on it?  Legit or not legit?  Thanks.  Other opinions are also welcome.

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: HSc on Gunbroker
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 08:33:43 PM »
I have had numerous questions about this one.  It has been in our database for almost 20 years now.  One word, "FAKE".  How could a KM (Navy) engraving be on an Army (Eagle/135) HSc?  Why does the Magazine have a phosphate coating when Mauser did not start using it until 2 years after this pistol was produced?  Does the Slide serial number match the Frame?  My opinion is walk away from this one!

abukafura

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 08:55:26 PM »
I was wondering the same things about the markings.  Appreciate the confirmation of my suspicions.  Thank you.

pardt

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 11:11:25 PM »
The pistol in question was discussed on the Jan still Luger forum as well and the consensus was that it was fake.