Author Topic: Yugo Mauser m24/47 stock wanted  (Read 3538 times)

tmauser

• View Profile
Yugo Mauser m24/47 stock wanted
« on: February 14, 2017, 01:01:54 PM »
New member here. I'm restoring a Mauser (Yugo m24/47) that was given to me by my uncle. Spent HOURS cleaning the cosmoline off only to find that someone had "sporterized" the lower stock. Too bad to because the original wasn't walnut which I understand anything other than walnut is more rare. I'm looking for a replacement stock. I've read the stock from a m1924 or m48 will work as well. Mine has an intermediate 98 action (whatever that means) that makes the stock requirement pretty specific. (I'm telling you folks! You could probably recite the specs for this rifle in your SLEEP!) If you have a spare stock, or maybe a complete Mauser where all of the metal is shot but the wood is in good condition I would be interested in purchasing it. Don't want a new one (I know they sell them). Really want to keep all of the original patina, dings, dents, etc. They're like our scars. They tell our life's story. Have a friend with an FFL if we need to ship the entire rifle. Please contact me with photos and a price. Thank you!!!