Author Topic: 1914/34 Scandinavian pistols  (Read 4285 times)

pardt

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
1914/34 Scandinavian pistols
« on: February 15, 2017, 01:25:35 PM »
Is there any additional information on the so called 14/34 Scandinavian police pistols than what is in penders book?
I know that before you buy is the time to research not after but I just bought a pair. I didn't have any in my collection and I thought the price reasonable. They have the bakalite grips and lanyard loops with the milled slot in the slide for the serial number. For 1914mauser the full serials are 498671 and 498672
Edit, I just ran across the thread on the Luger gunboard forum about the lanyard ring examples, so I guess I will have to be content with just filling a slot in my collection with the pair. I asked the seller if he had any information on them and it was just a case where the father owned them, passed away and the children had no interest in them.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 02:17:02 PM by pardt »

1914mauser

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: 1914/34 Scandinavian pistols
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 07:36:14 PM »
You did very well in acquiring these. The rumor is the Scandinavian country was Sweden that at least a large number of these lanyard ring models went to. Neat to have consecutive serial numbers.

Regards,
B. Mason
NAPCA member, NRA life member
aim small, mis small

pardt

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: 1914/34 Scandinavian pistols
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 07:55:01 PM »
Got the pair today from my local ffl. They aren't pristine condition but still not bad imho.
What has caught my attention is a marking on the front post of the barrel. Both pistols have it. I checked my other 1934 Mausers and none of them had anything for a marking like these did on the post. So my question is, this .Ark just a manufacturer mark or a assembly mark or is it something else?