Pistols > Model 1934 Pistol

Mauser 1934 firing pin not disengaging trigger bar

<< < (2/3) > >>

Darrenw:
Hi, I have a similar problem as this with two Mausers, one 1914 and one 1934, the magazines I have are also both a bit worn at the top at the back of the feed ramp. I am curious to know whether a new replacement mag has resolved the issue?
Is it the fact that the pistol seem to think the magazine is not fully seated or indeed not in at all that is causing the issue according to your gunsmith?
I'll take another look at this when next on the range on the 5th August and will report back then
regards Darren

1914mauser:
Darrenw,

Yes, the magazines could be the problem as these models have a magazine safety feature that does not allow the striker to fall if a magazine is not seated. Wear to the magazine could be the problem as well as a few other possibilities.

Regards,

gorseks:
Sorry for the late response:    Preface;  as noted above by B Mason, work with a good gunsmith if you are not familiar with working on firearms.

I purchased a WWII replacement magazine (expensive) in very excellent condition and little wear.  I tried out the new magazine.  Still same problem.  I would have to push up on the mag to get the firing pin to disengage the trigger bar.   

I then went through looking at the other parts and the "ejector & hold open catch" looked great without significant wear, and the "magazine catch" was seated properly in the ejector & hold open catch.   

I found some original parts on the internet (trigger bar and firing pin) which turned out to be relatively inexpensive in relation to the original magazine.  I replaced the trigger bar first, and the pistol has functioned perfectly without any further issues (including smooth disassembly). Comparing the two parts did not reveal any significant wear that would explain the difference.  But for what ever reason, the replaced trigger bar did the trick. 

The below listing outlines the parts mentioned and you can find the parts here, on Ebay or other sights such as gunbroker.com.

Numrich:

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/Mauser-33384/AutoPistols-37346/1934PocketPistol-35076.htm?results=40

Happy collecting, Steve

pardt:
That's great news that you were able to get the issues resolved. I had sold a guy a safety bar awhile back and it was similar situation where they looked identical but one would not work, so I sent him a couple others to try and he did find one that worked

icollect2:
Apologies for bumping an old thread for my first post. I believe that I can share information related to the original issue. An internet search brought me here and the info in this thread helped solve my problem and I hope to play it forward with a slightly different solution to a similar problem.

I had the same issue, took firearm apart to clean ( whether to clean 100 years of gunk/history whatever is a topic for a different thread) When I got it back together it would just click upon trigger pull, striker wouldn't release.

Well solved it with the help of this thread, turns out I had not fully seated the magazine catch which left the magazine a bit loose once inserted and just loose enough so that the disconnector wouldn't engage, pushing the magazine catch all the way in solved the issue!

Thanks for all the information and wisdom shared in this thread and on this wonderful site! The internet is not ALL all lies and mean people. I have solved many prior issues with other firearms with the help of the internet, what a great resource!

also and sorry for using up all my internet karma in one post but would someone have approximate manufacturing date for 6.35 cal 1910 sn 249XXXX I'm thinking 1923/24?

Thank you and have a nice day!
Scott

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version