Author Topic: Info on a HSc mauser  (Read 5250 times)

flyboy2514

• View Profile
Info on a HSc mauser
« on: July 12, 2017, 08:44:19 PM »
Recently my brother in law passed away at 92. He was a combat medic in WW2 and landed at omaha beach in 1944. He brought this pistol. It is a Mauser HSc KAL 7.65 mm serial number 702136. He told me he got it off a SS major who did not need it anymore  it has the origional holister and 2 clips. it has been in his closet sence he came home.  I am trying to find out any info. When it was made ETC.  I DO NOT plan to sell it but keep it in the family.. The pistol is in new shape. Does anyone have any info on something like this ??? It also has markings . on the right side on the triger guard it has a eagle with a "N" below it. On the  left side it has a bar with 655 under it

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 08:55:30 PM by flyboy2514 »

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Info on a HSc mauser
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 10:11:39 PM »
Hello flyboy and welcome to the forum.  Your Early Wartime Army HSc was produced in January 1941, one month after HSc production began in December 1940 with serial number 700001.

The Eagle/655 you mentioned is the Army Acceptance Mark.  There is also a small Eagle on the left side Frame tang next to the Hammer known as an Army Test Proof or ATP.  The Eagle/N is a German State Test Firing Proofmark that signifies the pistol has met safety standards.

If the Magazines are correct vintage they should have the Mauser Trademark stamped in the Floorplate.  You did not mention markings on the Holster so that is an open question.  I certainly hope the pistol is not stored in the Holster since it would be detrimental to its finish.

Finally, if the "Capture Paper" can be located it will add approximately $100 to the value of this HSc.  This was issued by your Brother-In-Law's unit authorizing him to bring the pistol home.  It will provide historical provenance that can be used to trace his unit's battle history.

Anything else, please let me know.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 03:46:37 AM by Warbird »

flyboy2514

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 09:22:54 AM »
Warbird. Thank you VERY much for the info on the Mauser.  It was stored in the Holister but we were lucky there was very little damage to the finish. Both the clips have  the mauser trademark on the floorplate.  I am going to look thru  his stuff to see if i can find the "capture paper"  He also had quite a few other things. One was a ammo belt with a very ornate buckle with hitler youth logos all over it.  one thing of intrest about the pistol is that one clip the one that was in the holister pocket still had 5 rounds in it. Looks like they have been there all this time.  I have removed the gun from the holister and stored it in my gun safe in a pistol storage sock.  Again  Thanks Warbird I am storing your info along with the gun

flyboy2514

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 11:26:32 AM »
I have never seen original WW11 .32 ammo.  Can you photo it or describe it?

Thank you,

Jim
Jim

flyboy2514

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 09:35:04 AM »
I am away from home now but as soon as i get back i will do it

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 08:48:56 AM »
Thank you Fly Boy.

JIm
Jim

flyboy2514

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 11:16:55 AM »
Jim, I took one of the cartridges to my local gunsmith this morn. He says that it IS NOT orig German ammo But is REAL old remington ammo from about the 1940s.  It has a "32" and a "R" and a "N" on the rim.  It is a rimed case.  Looks like it is American ammo that got into the clip at some point

Flyboy

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 10:56:37 AM »
Thank you Flyboy. I appreciate you spending the effort and time in doing that.  Should you ever run across any German war era stuff, please snap a photo.  I have 5 rounds of 9mm German produced circa 1930s.    It is cool stuff.   

Jim
Jim