Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
C96 / C12 Broomhandle / Re: Loading/battery issue
« Last post by 68coupe on September 17, 2024, 04:59:42 PM »
Mr. Mason, Thanks for the reply. The folks that did the barrel reline are one of the most renowned gunsmith firms in the US. The gun ran just fine before I sent it to them. It was just all over the place on paper. When I got it back, it would fire with one in the chamber, but not with the mag full. After finding that out, I replaced the recoil and main springs. The main spring seems mighty tight when installing the plunger rocker, even though I am quite weak due to an extended hospitalization. I've only taken it down completely once. Just the one time when I first received it. It doesn't seem like this should be a BIG problem, perhaps even a break-in issue. I'm just trying to narrow it down, as I'd like to be able to take it to an event in October, and don't think the turnaround would meet my timeframe.

V/R Karl
C96 / C12 Broomhandle / Re: Loading/battery issue
« Last post by 1914mauser on September 17, 2024, 02:06:58 PM »
Have you replaced any of the springs? And if you did have they been properly fitted? Diagnosing any issues via a forum is very difficult. Do you have access to a qualified gunsmith? Regards,
C96 / C12 Broomhandle / Loading/battery issue
« Last post by 68coupe on September 14, 2024, 09:08:32 PM »
I got my firearm back from the relining company and am very pleased with the results of that. My issue is that I can load and fire a single round, but when I load it with a strip clip, it will not go fully into battery. It lacks that last bit to activate the sear/trigger connection. I'm thinking that pressure from the underlying rounds are putting too much pressure on the bolt. Has anyone experienced anything like this? It ran just fine before the relining of the barrel. However, I could throw rocks more accurately than it was.

Thanks in advance, Karl, 68coupe
General Discussion / New guy
« Last post by BHESS666 on September 09, 2024, 05:49:11 PM »
Hello everyone, Bryan Hess here from PA. Avid outdoorsman, homesteader and gun enthusiasts. Ive never joined a forum but have read thousands of threads. I recenty purchased a Mauser from a collector and hve a bunch of questions on identification and such. I will, at some point here in the near future get good pictures for you knowledgeable eyes. Anyhow i cant wait to pick your brains.
C96 / C12 Broomhandle / 9mm Mauser Export C96 for sale on Gunbroker
« Last post by Farinacci556 on September 09, 2024, 02:02:07 PM »
Good afternoon to all. Any opinions on the gun described as to originality and value would be appreciated. It is a C 96 on Gunbroker bid up to $1425.00 It looks good to me but my knowledge of these is limited. I expect it will go for considerably more than the current bid but that's OK. THANKS EVERYONE
Model 1934 Pistol / Re: Mauser 1910/34 slide doesn't lock
« Last post by kgv1944 on August 26, 2024, 06:42:32 AM »
I managed to get the pistol working.
I gave the pistol a good squirt of oil, removed the bolt retainer spring, cleaned and moved the striker spring a little with a toothpick, and the bolt moved and locked.
Now everything works as it should.
« Last post by kgv1944 on August 21, 2024, 06:14:31 AM »
Thank you for your answer. I am looking for ideas or experiences rather than a solution.

The slide overhangs the barrel for just 1 millimeter but that is as far as I can get it by hand.

As far as I can see it the problem started after dry fire. I can see the back of the striker coming through the hole in the back of the pistol.
Could it be that the problem is the strikers spring? Too long maybe?
« Last post by 1914mauser on August 20, 2024, 01:53:42 PM »
You could try removing the grip and then the magazine catch which puts tension on the hold open. After the spring is removed you may be able to pull the slide all the way back. If not, there may be something internal that is broken and preventing the slide from traveling all the way back. Please realize it is very difficult to trouble shoot mechanical problems via a forum. Regards,   
SERIAL NUMBERS 1898 TO 1945 FOR ORIGINAL OBERNDORF 98 MAUSER SPORTERS
General Mauser Rifle Questions / ORIGINAL OBERNDORF 98 MAUSER SPORTERS
« Last post by brenneke on August 20, 2024, 07:55:25 AM »
My Type B in 8X60, .318 groove diameter. According to J. Speed, made in 1936, or 37.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10