Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Site Technical Help or Site Feedback / Re: Site has been hacked
« Last post by 1914mauser on December 21, 2023, 11:37:48 AM »
Thank you!
« Last post by vlim on December 21, 2023, 07:53:15 AM »
We got a few spam accounts. I banned and cleaned up the spam posts.
C96 / C12 Broomhandle / Re: Help! Slide stucks at loading position.
« Last post by Cultich on December 20, 2023, 02:34:41 AM »
Problem solved ;)I replace the hammer spring an the broken part and it works fine !THX
Hi, I recently purchased a .380 ACP Mauser HSC on auction. No decent photos yet, but the auction gave the description as "One of 5000 produced, hence serial number 0789/5000. One of a run of commemorative models. Good original condition." So according to the production chart, the serial number 0789/5000 belongs to American Eagle produced in 1977. Was there any other "commemorative" models made or is the "American Eagle" series the commemorative model series. Or maybe there is no HSC commemorative model ? By the way, the serial no - 789 is quite well chosen. I will post better pics as soon as I get from the dealer.
« Last post by geert45 on November 27, 2023, 05:03:53 AM »
I agree Burgess, it's since a few weeks..Regards,Geert
Model 1910 Pistol / Re: 1910/14 magazine question
« Last post by !tom on November 20, 2023, 01:14:34 PM »
Was this response directed at me with my picture or the original post?

If at me, I was wondering if this might be contributing to my feeding issues. I'm not sure the procedure to get the catch to the correct location other than having it seat in the frame (which mine is).
Model 1910 Pistol / Re: Jamming Issues
« Last post by !tom on November 20, 2023, 01:08:47 PM »
I disassembled my Mauser further than I had ever before, including removing the magazine retainer. This got me thinking that perhaps the installed height of the magazine might affect the feeding mechanism.

Is this a tuning option? Any guidance on how high the magazine should be for optimal feeding? It looks like there might be 1/16" or so adjustment available.
C96 / C12 Broomhandle / Re: Help! Slide stucks at loading position.
« Last post by Cultich on November 17, 2023, 03:53:35 PM »
I may have found the error.

I wanted to change the hammer spring and realised that something was missing or broken off.

I'll order the new one, put everything together and then test it and report back ;)

Site Technical Help or Site Feedback / Site has been hacked
« Last post by 1914mauser on November 13, 2023, 08:03:32 AM »
It looks like some kind of spam. User needs to be blocked and post removed. Regards,
Model 1910 Pistol / Re: Jamming Issues
« Last post by !tom on November 12, 2023, 04:00:08 AM »
I had some success.

I purchased a replacement set of springs. After installing them, there was minor improvement in the operation, but the biggest issue seemed to be failure to eject the casing correctly, causing jamming issues.

I removed the extractor from the slide and gave the mechanism a very thorough clean. I was able to shoot the entire first clip without any issues at all!

However, problems started to happen more and more after that. The most common issue I had at the end of a box of ammo was not having the firing pin cocked after shooting a round.

I'm going to try some different lubrication next time to see if that helps. However, the biggest issue I was having before seemed to be not ejecting properly, and that has been solved with that thorough extractor mechanism cleaning.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10