Author Topic: Anyone able to help identify/price out this pistol?  (Read 1933 times)

kberg86

• View Profile
Anyone able to help identify/price out this pistol?
« on: August 29, 2023, 07:37:00 PM »
I received this gun as a gift from my father and am looking to possibly sell it. Im not sure where to begin. There is also some sort of identifying mark on the gun that my father says is the symbol/sign of the turkish emir. Is anyone able to help identify/appraise this gun?

Osmosis

• View Profile
Re: Anyone able to help identify/price out this pistol?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2023, 12:43:20 PM »

Congratulations!

Some questions that will help:
Do the serial numbers match and what manufacturing date does that indicate? (the forum has this info)
Caliber?
Any other proof marks you can share?
I see that leather lanyard, interesting but not sure if that is original - maybe others can comment.
Did it come with a stock?

reiver1

• View Profile
Re: Anyone able to help identify/price out this pistol?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2023, 02:58:23 PM »
A late model 1930 C 96... can't read all of the serial numbers but the lack of the long cut outs/milling on the extension side rails indicate that late model classification.
There would normally be a Mauser banner on the left side panel in place of the Emirs symbol.  That would indicate a serial number in the 895XXX thru the early 920XXX. ('Mauser System' info.)

The early model 1930's had the same appearance other than the extension milling and a slightly different bluing finish.''Nice piece.