Author Topic: HSc Extractor, extractor & Safety Plungers  (Read 6572 times)

EastWestGuy

• View Profile
HSc Extractor, extractor & Safety Plungers
« on: October 31, 2014, 01:05:11 AM »
I'm new to this forum which is a great resource.  I'm not new to the HSc and other weapons but have been frustrated at the lack of spare parts for the HSc.  Particularly the extractor, extractor and safety plungers.  Does anyone know why these parts are so hard to come by?  Does anyone have these parts that they would be willing to part with for a reasonable price?  Thx

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: HSc Extractor, extractor & Safety Plungers
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 04:03:25 AM »
Welcome to the forum, EastWestGuy!  Parts like these are always coming up on eBay and GunBroker but you have to be patient.  Here's a Slide and Action Parts on a GunBroker auction now:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=450284601
With the Slide, of course, you get the Extractor and Plungers you are looking for plus you add to your parts box inventory.

I would say the parts are hard to come by because no one wants to "part out" a whole collectable HSc.  Anyway, good luck and let me know how you make out.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 04:05:44 AM by warbird »

EastWestGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 12:01:59 PM »
Hmmm.  Looks to me that an enterprising fellow or gal could get the specs for the extractor & plungers and have a bunch made. Interesting thought.

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 04:26:55 PM »
You find that fellow and have some firing pins made also.  I like your idea, just wish I had the skills.

Jim
Jim

EastWestGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 12:46:31 AM »
Thanks for the idea of the firing pins.  Anything else that breaks often and needs to be replaced on this model?

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
-- Thomas A. Edison

"If you love life, don't waste time, because time is what life is made of"
- Ben Franklin