Author Topic: Green Holster  (Read 5614 times)

rickdroberts

• View Profile
Green Holster
« on: February 03, 2015, 11:54:37 PM »
Can anyone tell me anything about the holster? The production number appears to put in a group of German Army weapons.

I inherited this pistol from my Grandfather's brother-in-law, who died when I was a child. He brought it back as a war trophy. Stories of his military service are not consistent in my family. It's been in a sock drawer since about 1978.

I recently stumbled on it and took it out. The serial number is 818962. I field stripped it and found the barrel numbers match the last three on the grip. The barrel rifling looks like it just came out of the factory. The wooden grips don't seem at all fragile. There is some surface rusting around the trigger guard. 

I took it to a range this past weekend and put through about 25 rounds of eco 32 acp. No troubles. I'm not a pistol shooter, but the weapon fires nicely. Looks like they made a lot of these, from the posted production pdf, so I doubt that I have anything notable or valuable. I intend to use the weapon at the range.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 12:12:49 AM by rickdroberts »

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Green Holster
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 12:54:00 AM »
Hello Rick!  The Holster is made for an Italian Beretta Model 1934.  Your Army HSc was produced in February 1943.  It's condition appears to be Very Good and if the Slide number also matches the Frame number it would be valued around $700.

If you take it to the range to shoot and something breaks it could lose its collector value so think about that.  Secondly, I hope you don't store it in the Holster since this may deteriorate the pistol's finish.  Hope that helps.  Anything else let me know.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 01:00:07 AM by warbird »

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 05:18:50 PM »
Heck of a good looking holster and a heck of a nice looking Mauser HSc.   Keep looking in those drawers. Congratulations on two good looking examples. 

Jim
Jim

rickdroberts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 09:56:56 PM »
Thanks guys, you answered some lingering questions! My HSc has been cleaned and now lives in a gun sock. I have a friend who gave me a brief on cleaning it after firing it.

I have no desire to part with it. I'll probably find another gun to plink with at the range, though.

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 11:56:24 PM »
Excellent thinking, Rick.  Glad you cleaned and oiled that HSc and found a good home for it!