Author Topic: Early hsc with rare acceptance stamp on rear tang  (Read 7906 times)

Mattman

• View Profile
Early hsc with rare acceptance stamp on rear tang
« on: February 06, 2015, 04:24:26 PM »
I a whim I bought a mauser hsc for $300 it is in excellent condition all matching numbers and came with a period holster, obviously a war trophy.  Upon getting home, and doing a little more research I noticed it is one of the early test pistols w655 with the Wehrmacht acceptance stamp on the left tang.  Of the research I have done these stopped somewhere around serial number 712000., but mine is in the low 713,000's. I'm at work right now as I know pictures would be helpful.  I know there are newer books out now does anyone have one that lists the range of serial numbers for the test proof on the left tang that is more up to date?
I'll get some pictures up here ASAP.

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Early hsc with rare acceptance stamp on rear tang
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 05:09:06 PM »
I would be happy to work with you but need a complete serial number and whether or not the Eagle/655 is large or small.  By the way, I am co-author of the book.

Mattman

• View Profile
Re: Early hsc with rare acceptance s tamp on rear tang
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 12:01:44 AM »
I will take pictures and upload them tomorrow by 3pm (eastern time).  Thank you in advance I am looking forward to finding out more.  I always wanted one of these pistols and just happened upon this at a local gunshop.

I have to say this vetting with the scrambled letters to post is really hard to make out on my iPad.   Never seen this before on any other forum.  I guess you guys have your reasons but it takes me a couple of times before I get it right does this ever go away?

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 05:41:02 PM »
That is a nice price!!!! Congratulations. Plus it sounds like a hard one to locate.   :)

Jim
Jim

Mattman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 07:51:03 PM »
I can't upload pictures cause it says my file is too big.  I tried taking them on the lowest 6mp. Have to try the iPad maybe
My serial number is 713099
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 08:05:08 PM by Mattman »

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 11:07:43 AM »
I will resize them for you and post them.   jcorl@klmtel.net

Jim
Jim

Warbird

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 05:04:39 PM »
Matt sent his pictures to me via eMail.  Unfortunately, they showed a standard Early Wartime Army HSc with Large Eagle/655 and ATP (Army Test Proof) produced in March 1941.  So it is not a rare example but still highly collectable.

jcorl

• Trusted Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 09:55:54 AM »
Good deal.   Happy to hear the photos were sent.  That sounds like a bargain compared to what I paid for mine.

I better look harder.

Jim
Jim